Monday, February 15, 2010

Blender Quiche

-Tara Flake

I didn't bring this to cooking night, but I told a few people about this recipe so I'd figure I'd post it. My family has been making this forever and I lovingly call it "leftover blender quiche" because that's pretty much how you make it. It doesn't use a traditional crust (the crust is sort of built in) so if you don't have one or don't want to make one from scratch, this recipe is for you! *Though I'm still waiting for Mary to post her quiche recipe that used a crust... it was so good!*

1/2 lb cooked and crumbled bacon (may sub sausage, ham, turkey or other meat)
1 cup shredded swiss cheese (may sub your favorite cheese)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups milk
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

1. In a greased 9 inch baking dish or pie dish (1.5 inches deep at least) sprinkle the meat, cheese and onion (and any other veggies you may be adding).
2. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend on high for about 1 minute.
3. Pour into the dish
4. Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. I usually serve this with some healthy oven baked fries/potato wedges and some fresh fruit :)

I always bake 2 of of these together and then cover and freeze one for later. To reheat, place frozen quiche in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes until heated through, replacing the cover if the top starts to brown too much.
I also tend to throw whatever veggies I need to use up into these quiches. Green onions, mushrooms, frozen spinach etc. Just note that whatever you add should be well drained and squeezed dry if needed (mostly the spinach) because extra moisture will make this dish runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment